Costs and Requirements for Volunteer Interns
Registration fee for all programs is 50EUR to be paid at the same time an application is submitted. This registration fee is refunded if the application is not approved. It can also be refunded up to 60 days before the program starts and 50% up until 30 days before the program begins.
The fees include:
(During orientation a breakdown of cost for your specific program will be provided)
Registration Fee (50EUR):
- Processing Application
- Administration cost
- Program marketing costs
- Information packs
- Communication costs with interns
The program fee is listed at the end of each Volunteer Intern opportunity. The program fees vary based on length of program, transportation, and accommodation costs. The program fee is non-refundable and must be paid 30 days before the program starts.
Program Fee (listed per project)
- Airport pick up
- Program supervision
- Accommodation and meals (2 square meals) during internship period
- Transportation to the projects
- In-country 24/7 volunteer support
- In-country administration costs
All programs require a 100EUR donation. This donation is used to cover the cost of the project and goes directly to those who need it most.
- Directly to the implementation of the project
- These costs will vary per project
- In orientation, a list will be provided
Costs not covered by fees
There are some costs not covered by the registration or program fees that Volunteer Interns will have to budget for.
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Police Certificate
- Spending money (volunteers in Ghana generally find US$30 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses)
Requirements and more information
AFAWI Volunteer Intern programs are centred around our projects, you can expect to write a report at the end of your time with us, though there are many opportunities to have fun and enjoy Ghana, our programs are centred around making positive changes through the work we do. AFAWI is looking for Volunteer Interns who meet the following requirements:
- You must be 18 or over
- Criminal Background Check
- Proof Medical Insurance
- Fluent in English, high level reading and writing in English
- Strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteering and sustainable development
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to basic living conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Self starter and is able to work independently and in groups
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.